Born in Florence in 1973, at the age of six, I started playing the piano. After a few years of studying classic piano, I chose modern music (pop, rock).
In the early 90s I found a new passion: jazz. While studying at the Accademia Musicale di Firenze, I met Stefano Bollani, who taught me the language of jazz for several years. At the Academy I also studied jazz ensemble with Alessandro Galati and Ettore Bonafè.
In 1995 I met Valerio Perla, who introduced me to the sounds and rhythms of Caribe, thus transforming my manner of playing piano. I played with Perla for 2 years with Cubason (with Ruben Chaviano on the violin), and I attended Perla's cuban folk music labs for the following years, while I was attending courses of latin ensemble with Ruben Chaviano and deepening my knowledge of latin piano with Carlos Sarmiento.
In 2003 I discovered Brazil, meeting the Brazilian guitarist and composer Luiz Lima and playing with him for the promotional tour of the cd "Realidade Real", and they performed at the Euromeet Jazz Festival of that same year.
2007 is the year of my first afro-cuban jazz group, GuaguaBanda, with which I released a cd: “Mi Ventana”.
In 2010 I got my Masters in Jazz at the Conservatory Of Music Luigi Cherubini of Florence with Riccardo Fassi.
In 2014 I moved to South Korea where I performed in the Seoul area with "BibimBop" (featuring Corey Gilliam on bass, Paula Schwartz on trumpet and Nick Riu on drums) and "LoCo trio" with DaHye Lee on trumpet and HJ Lee on bass.
I actually teach music at the International School of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 2001 But not for ...Disney! - "But not for ...Disney" (EP)
- 2007 Guaguabanda - "Mi ventana"
- 2009 Sambanda - "Samba duro"
- 2010 The Last Orange - "The Last Orange"
- 2013 Sambanda - "Che situazione!"
- 1987-1989 Transylvania (hard rock)
- 1988-1990 Dust'n'Diesel (rock/blues)
- 1990-1992 I quattro in soffitta (jazz)
- 1995-1998 Cubason (latin jazz)
- 2000-2002 But not for ...Disney (latin jazz)
- 2001-2012 Ton Ramos (Brazilian pop)
- 2002-2004 Sarava' (Bossa nova)
- 2003-2004 Carlito's way (Official Italian Carlos Santana cover band)
- 2003-2005 Luiz Lima Band (Brazilian jazz)
- 2005 Luiz Lima / Lorenzo Corti (Brazilian jazz)
- 2006-2009 Guaguabanda (AfroCuban jazz)
- 2006-2013 Sambanda (Samba)
- 2007-2015 Pilgrims Gospel Choir (gospel)
- 2011 Il Nido del Cuculo - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- 2011-2014 The Last Orange (Funk)
- 2015 BebemBop (Latin Jazz)
- 2016 LoCo trio (Latin Jazz)
collaborations and arrangements
- 2005 "Dancing with the stars" - didactic videos soundtrack
- 2007 Guaguabanda "Mi ventana" - compositions and arrangements
- 2009 Sambanda "Samba duro" - arrangements
- 2009-2014 The Pilgrims Gospel Choir - arrangements
- 2011 The Last Orange "The Last Orange" - compositions and arrangements
- 2013 Sambanda "Che situazione!" - compositions and arrangemets